Arts & Crafts: Volcano
*Ask an adult for help
You Will Need
- Plastic bottle
- Paper maché mix
- Wooden skewers
- Liquid glue
- Piece of wood (this will be the base for your volcano)
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 - 4 tbsps baking soda
- Red food coloring
Paper Maché Mix
- 2 cups flour
- 4 cups water
- Small plants
- Plastic figurines
- Carefully cut off the mouth of the plastic bottle.
- Glue the plastic bottle to the middle of your piece of wood.
- Using skewers, create a pyramid around the plastic bottle. Hold the skewers in place with tape.
- Mix together the flour and water in a bowl.
- Cut or tear the newspaper into strips.
- Dip your newspaper strips into the paper maché mix. Remove any extra mix with your fingers.
- Lay your strips over the skewers. Do several layers to make it nice and thick.
- Leave your volcano to dry overnight.
- Once dry, paint your volcano and the area around it.
- Here's where you can add sand, small plants or plastic figurines to the base of your volcano.
- Place the funnel into the mouth of the volcano.
- Pour in the baking soda.
- Mix red food coloring into your vinegar.
- Remove the funnel and carefully pour in the vinegar.
- Watch your volcano erupt!