Outdoor Activities: Veggie Garden
*Ask an adult for help
You Will Need
- Veggie plants or seeds
- Gravel or small rocks
- Planting pots
- A watering can
- Choose which vegetables are easy to grow where you live. Tip: try beans, tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, beets or onions.
- Choose pots that will best fit your veggies. Pots that are at least 10 inches deep work best.
- Place your plant pots somewhere that gets lots of sun.
- Fill the bottom of your plant pots with gravel, or small rocks. This helps water drain.
- Fill your pots with soil. Tip: you could add compost or fertilizer here.
- Make sure you leave enough room between the plants so they have plenty of room to grow.
- Once your plants are in the right places, take them out of their pots and dig holes in the soil and place them in.
- If you’re using seeds, make sure there’s at least a finger distance between each seed. (Some plants like tomatoes will need more room, so follow the instructions on the seed packet).
- Gently water the soil with your watering can.
- Now you’re ready to watch your garden grow. But remember: plants are a bit like pet puffles: they need lots of care and attention!