Recipes: Candied Apples
*Ask an adult for help
You Will Need
- 4 ice-pop stick
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Medium saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Wax paper
- 4 apples
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup corn syrup or golden syrup
- Wash the apples, remove the stem and insert the popsicle stick where the stem used to be.
- Put the sugar, water, and syrup into the saucepan and stir on medium heat until mixture boils (about 8-10 minutes). Boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add the food coloring.
- Dip each apple into the hot syrup mixture, keeping fingers a safe distance away.
- After you dip each apple, set it on a wax sheet of paper.
- Let the apples cool for about an hour, then dig in!