Recipes: Pizza Map
*Ask an adult for help
Calling all explorers! It's time for discoveries, so what's better than a map of the island to eat? Have fun and enjoy!
You Will Need
- A large bowl
- Tea towel
- Rolling pin
- Baking tray
- 1 cup warm water
- 1½ teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Chopped fresh spinach
- Chopped fresh broccoli
- And any other topping to make a map of the island
- Put the flour into a large bowl, then stir in the yeast, salt and sugar.
- Pour warm water and the olive oil into the bowl.
- Mix everything together until the dough is soft and fairly wet.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly-floured surface, and knead for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Cover with a tea towel and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to approx. 450°F.
- Roll out the dough until it is a similar size to the tray.
- Put the dough on the tray and add the sauce and cheese.
- Add the toppings, trying to make the rooms of the island. Tip: Add some spinach and broccoli to make the Forest!
- Let your imagination go wild to create the rest of the rooms.
- Bake at 450°F for 14 minutes or until golden brown.