What do I do if the game is running slowly?
If your penguin appears to be waddling around Club Penguin in slow motion, there's a few things you can try to speed things up:
- Make sure you're not running other programs while you're on Club Penguin. If you were visiting another website, make sure you exit out of it. Don't try to play Club Penguin while you're downloading music or video content from another site. This will slow things way down!
- Sometimes things run slowly when the server is very busy. For example, Friday afternoon is a popular time to log in to Club Penguin. You might find that the game runs slowly then. Log in again, and try clicking on a server that isn't quite as full.
- If you have more than four penguins saved on your log-in screen, this might make the game run slowly. Remove the penguins from your saved list. You can still login by typing in your penguin name each time.
- You might be playing from a slow computer. There's not much you can do except to play on a different computer.
- You might also have a slow internet connection. Please read Why connection is slow? to find out more about this issue.