Why is my connection slow?
There are two main reasons why it might take a long time when you're trying to connect to Club Penguin:
The type of internet connection you have might be slow. There are three main ways to connect to the internet: dial-up, cable, and DSL. Dial-up connection, which uses your telephone line is the slowest way to connect. So if you use this, you might find that it's always slow to connect to Club Penguin.
Here are some tips to make sure you get the fastest connection possible:
- Use the fastest modem you can. You'll want a modem that sends and receives information at 56 K per second. A modem with 2 MB per second is even better.
- Make sure there are no problems with your telephone line. Sometimes an old phone line picks up stray signals from other phone lines and will interfere with your connection. Your telephone service provider can tell you if there's a problem.
These things might slow down your connection:
- Make sure you're not running other programs while playing Club Penguin. If you were visiting another website, make sure you exit out of it. Don't try to play while you're downloading music or videos. This can slow down your connection to the internet.
- You might have more programs on your computer than it can handle. Even if all programs aren't running, they can slow things down. Talk to an adult about deleting programs you never use. This will give your hard drive more space.
- Your computer might not have enough memory. Try the solutions in #1 & 2 first. If this doesn't help, have a parent or guardian check if your computer meets our minimum requirements.
- Your computer might be infected by spyware. There are programs you can use to check for spyware on your computer and get rid of it.
- Your computer might be infected by a virus. There are programs you can use to check for viruses on your computer and delete them.