How do I choose a secure password?
A secure password is one that someone else can't guess, no matter how well they know you. Keep your password a secret from everyone, except your parent or guardian. Not even your best friend should know your password!
- Choose a password that's at least 8 characters long (a character can be a letter, number, or symbol).
- Use a combination of numbers (1234), letters (abcde), and symbols (!@#$). You can even use CAPITAL letters.
- Try making up your own word, or combine a few of your favorite words, (for example, your favorite animal and Disney character). Just don’t use something your friends would guess.
- Don't use your birthday, street address, or school name.
Once you have a secure password, use these tips to keep it safe:
- Never share your password with your friends
- Don’t check “Remember me on this computer” or “Remember my password” if you are playing on a public computer (at school, at a library, at a friend’s house)
- Never enter your penguin name and/or password on any website other than the official clubpenguin.com site
If you think someone else knows your password, or if you need help choosing a secure one, please contact our Player Support Team.