*Ask an adult for help
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
You Will Need
- Baking sheet
- Plastic bag
- Cooking spray
- Medium sized bowl
- Small skillet
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup low-fat grated cheese: Mozzarella, and/or Monterrey Jack
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 container (5 oz.) arugula
- 1 apple, cut into match-like sticks
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Heat the oven to 375ºF/190ºC.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese in a plastic bag. Shake!
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumb mixture into the ground turkey/beef.
- Shape the meat into approx. 28 (1 1/2-inch) balls.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place the meat balls on.
- Bake for 20 min. or until cooked all the way through.
- While the meat balls are in the oven, cook and stir the nuts in a small, dry skillet on medium heat for 2 min.
- Add the sugar and stir for another minute, or until sugar is melted and the nuts are evenly glazed.
- Combine arugula, apples, meatballs and nuts in large bowl.
- Add the dressing, toss and enjoy!