*Ask an adult for help
Terrariums are miniature gardens that grow inside glass containers.
You Will Need
- Clear glass or plastic container
- This can be a fish bowl, a large vase, or even a glass jar
- Potting soil
- Small plants like:
• Spider Plants
• Small palms
• Miniature ferns
• Small stones
- Make sure your container is clean on the inside
- Put a layer of stones in the bottom
- Fill the container to about halfway with potting soil
- Put your plants inside. Make sure not to crowd them.
- Add more soil and press the soil down a little with your fingers
- Gently water the soil
- Place your terrarium somewhere that gets a small amount of sunlight
- Check your soil every couple of days. You only need to water your plants when the soil is dry.
- Want to add a little extra to your terrarium? You can add moss or even penguin figures!