*Ask an adult for help
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 18 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 medium eggs
...and all the Halloween treats you can find!
- Break the Halloween candy into chocolate chip sized pieces. If you've got lots, try splitting them into these categories: Caramel candies Sour candies Chocolates Gummy candies
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (177° C).
- Grab a mixing bowl and sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set this bowl aside for later.
- In a big bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together really well. Now stir in the eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients from the first bowl to the wet ingredients in the second, and then stir it all together until there are no lumps.
- Scoop teaspoon sized balls of dough onto a lightly oiled baking sheet, leaving lots of space in between. Six cookies per sheet is plenty.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Now bring your creations to life! Use a spoon to lightly press your favorite candy bits into each cookie, but don't squish them. You can make them all the same or make each one different! Here are a few candy combinations you could try:
• Caramel Concoction - caramel cubes and candy corn
• Chocolate Medley - chocolate bars and chocolate buttons all mixed up
• Sour Assortment - all sorts of tangy treats tangled together
• Gummy Mix - throw in all things sweet, soft, and chewy
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire cooling rack.
- Once they're cool, share them with your family and save some for your friends!