*Ask an adult for help
You Will Need
- 2 round plastic containers of the same size
- Paper maché mix
- Liquid glue
- Paints or markers
- Felt or fabric (large enough to cover to top of the container)
- Elastic band
Paper Maché Mix
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- String, yarn or thin rope
- Leave the lids on your containers.
- Glue the bottom of the two containers together.
- While it dries, make your paper maché mix.
- Mix together your flour and water until it's sticky.
- Dip the newspaper in the paper maché mix. Remove any excess paper maché mix with your fingers.
- Cover your container with the paper maché.
- Do a few layers to make sure you've covered up any design on the container.
- Set your container aside to dry overnight.
- Once dry, use your paints and markers to create your own unique design.
- Place your felt or fabric over one end of your container and hold it in place with an elastic band.
- Cover up the elastic by wrapping string, yarn or thin rope around it and gluing it in place.
- Decorate your drum with beads, feathers, glitter or anything else you'd like.